This month’s project update includes many things that both care for existing facilities and contribute to a more hospitable atmosphere for our guests.
- The main parking area is receiving a series of improvements. Phase one is to re-work the inner, gravel parking with a more visible and intuitive entrance and exit along with clear parking stalls and flower beds.
- A new and very attractive fence along the first staff house on the right as you enter the grounds has gone up making for a more welcoming arrival for guests.
- Cascadian 1-11 and the Lobby will be completed in June. Many generous families will have memorial plaques placed in rooms honoring loved ones.
- Two staff cottage exteriors have been painted extending the life and improving the looks of these facilities.
- The W-Bar-B road that runs along the Special Friends and Day Camp play field now has a berm along the play field fence that will eventually receive an assortment of plants that will, in time, provide visual screening of the fence and play field.
- Recently, we received matching grant funding from the Snohomish PUD for ductless heat pumps for the Program Center and Mini Lodges.
Warm Beach Camp continuously works to care for facilities and grounds so that the investments made by donors and volunteers endure in serving our guests and pointing people to Christ.
All of these things are made possible through generous donors and volunteers. We are still raising money for the parking improvements and the matching PUD grant. If you are interested on learning more or making a contribution, please contact Jessica Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-312-3417.Add a comment
Thank you for helping improve our facilities and grounds. Current projects include:
- Landscaping clean-up, dead tree removal, and lawn care.
- Cascadian Rooms 1-11 and lobby are being remodeled to match the lovely interior improvements done to rooms 12-30.
- The Mount Baker Cabin roofs have been pressure washed and cleaned.
- Plans to re-pave the circle drive in front of the Program Center and Cedar Lodge has begun. Included in the project are changes to the interior parking lot, commonly called “staff parking.” Through landscaping and better definition of parking spaces, this will increase parking, create a simpler lay-out, and beautify the grounds.
- Reroofing Cedar Lodge dining room and one staff cottage will be done later this year.
- The High Ropes Challenge Course improvements have been made! The improvements allow us to increase capacity while providing exceptional experiences to each participant.
Through our generous donors and volunteers, these improvements provide a place where people feel cared for and experience a place of beauty and refreshment.Add a comment
Here is what you helped accomplish at Warm Beach Camp
- The Program Center Auditorium has received acoustic treatment on the stage plus a complete interior painting.
- Cascadian Lodge Rooms 1-11 and the Lobby are being remodeled.
- The Mini Lodge lobbies are receiving new cabinets and sinks.